The FEBA model 4L 400 Four Shaft Twin Blade Automatic Lathe Slitter is the ideal automatic slitting solution for high capacity converting of various adhesive and non-adhesive tapes including double coated & transfer tapes, foam tapes, polyester tapes, fabric reinforced tapes, duct tapes, masking tapes and similar standard & specialty adhesive materials.
The 4L 400 is equipped with a four shaft turret system that allows the operators to off-load the slit rolls and reload the fresh logs onto the shafts in complete safety while the other two shafts are being individually slit by their own blades. With this technology, converters can achieve not only higher yields but a far superior slit because the machine is not using one blade to cut the logs, but two independent blades; one for the top and one for the bottom shaft. Each blade is automatically adjusted in position, for clean core cutting & AXIS angle by the integrated application of OMRONS EMDS linear motor displacement system.
The FEBA 4L-400 high production multi-shaft lathe slitting system comes standard with two independent slitting carriages complete with automatic double-sided sharpening, automatic blade axis angle adjustment & automatic blade positioning. To further enhance the automation process, an automatic front guard lifting device is installed along with an automatic shaft holder device. The 4L-400 can also be fitted with a semi-automatic trolley to load the logs in-line with the shaft, or configured as a fully automatic slitting system as specified below:
1) Log container stores 22 logs (+/-)
2) Escalator brings logs to transfer system.
3) Two ea. logs automatically loaded via trolley.
4) Turret rotates to begin automatic slitting cycle.
5) Next two logs are automatically loaded.
6) After slitting cycle complete, turret automatically rotates to begin next slitting cycle.
7) Trolley automatically unloads cut product onto main output conveyor.
8) “Push Unit” ejects finished product onto packaging conveyor & removes trim.
9) Finished product shrink-wrapped, packed & ready for shipment.
10) Above cycle repeats (recipe driven).
Technology, versatility, quality & service are what set FEBA Converting Machinery Srl above their competition. Quality & design made in Italy.